Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection
NGK Insulators, Ltd. and NGK group companies (collectively, "NGK" or "we") have established following principles to process personal information we collect.
- (1) We process personal information in accordance with laws and regulations regarding protection of personal information.
- (2) We collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner.
- (3) We process personal Information only to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes specified in advance.
- (4) We don't disclose personal information to a third party unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws or consents from the data subject are obtained.
- (5) We process personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against leaks, outflow or loss of personal information and providing education to our employees.
1. Collection of Personal Information
1) Your Personal Information
We will collect your personal information, which you provided under your sole discretion, such as your name, your company name(department and title), your address, and your contact information (telephone numbers, fax numbers, email address,etc.) to achieve the purposes listed below.
2) IP address, etc.
When you access to our website, we will collect information through your internet access to our website, including IP address, browser type, operating system, system language used, access times and referring website address ("Technical Information") in order to understand the status of utilization of this website. Such Technical Information is collected in anonymized form. However, in some cases, once you provide your personal information through our website, your Technical Information will be linked to your personal information. In such case, we will inform you our collection of your IP address and treat your Technical Information as personal information
2. Use of Personal Information
1) We may use your personal information for following purposes ("Authorized Purpose"):
- (1) for our business and sales activities, and providing services;
- (2) for providing and collecting information of Our Products and conducting investigations;
- (3) to perform maintenance and after-sales services;
- (4) to send you invitation letter for seminar, exhibition, etc. in relation to Our Products;
- (5) to send you marketing communications such as newsletters in relation to Our Products and our businesses;
- (6) to develop and improve Our Products and services(including new product development);
- (7) to procure materials for Our Products and services;
- (8) to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests; and
- (9) for other related services in the above.
"Our Products" means products of our businesses (Power Business, Ceramic Products Business, Electronics Business, Process Technology Business and other businesses).
2) At the time of collecting your personal information, if we inform specified purpose to you or you give us consent only for specified purpose, we use your personal information for such specified purpose.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We shall not disclose your personal information to any third party except in the following cases. In such cases, we will disclose to a third party in accordance with applicable laws.
- (1) When we obtain your consent to the disclosure.
- (2) When we outsource or subcontract with companies or agencies in order to fulfill the above purposes described in "2. Use of Personal Information".
- (3) When the personal information is disclosed in a manner which does not identify individuals (e.g. statistical processing).
- (4) When the disclosure of personal information is permitted by applicable laws.
4. Information Sharing
We may share your personal information as follows.
||NGK Group Companies
For more details, please refer to here
|Purpose of use
||Please refer to above "2. Use of Personal Information"
|Personal information shared
||Name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email address, and company name (department, title, contact, transaction details, etc.)
||NGK Insulators, Ltd.(see below for the details)
Note: We will not share personal information collected from private customers in relation to water purification business with group companies.
5. International Transfer
As we are doing business globally, your personal information may be transferred to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those from where you are based. However, in case of international transfer of your personal information, we will take adequate measures in compliance with applicable laws.
6. Retention Period
7. Request for disclosure, etc.
We will respond appropriately to your request for disclosure, rectification, addition, erasure or suspension of your personal information (hereinafter collectively "Request") in accordance with applicable laws.