Beryllium Copper Products
Beryllium Copper Strip
EU RoHS Directive Conformance Marking
Our beryllium copper alloy products (plate, coil, bar and wire) comply with EU RoHS Directive. We use a voluntary marking which shows conformance to RoHS on our material certificate and in the catalog of products. Conformance has been confirmed with certified internal standards.
* Coverage: our beryllium copper alloy products (plate, coil, bar and wire)
Features of Beryllium Copper
Beryllium Copper is a copper alloy with the optimum combination of mechanical and physical properties such as tensile strength, fatigue strength, performance under elevated temperatures, electrical conductivity, bending formability and corrosion resistance. Beryllium Copper is widely used as contact springs in various applications like connectors, switches, relays, etc. NGK offers a variety of Beryllium Copper alloys in several tempers to cover different applications. Our Beryllium Copper products are available in strip, plate, rod and wire forms.
Beryllium Copper can attain the tensile strength of 1500N / mm2 through precipitation hardening and can withstand very high bending stress.
Age hardenable material can be formed into complicated shapes and precipitation hardened afterwards. Among Mill-hardened material, which dose not require heat-treatment after stamping or forming, "Type-B" and "Type-S" have especially well-balanced performance in strength and formability.
The electrical conductivity of beryllium copper ranges from 20 to 70 IACS, depending on alloy and temper. Beryllium Copper is often used a high current density spring material.
Because Beryllium Copper exhibits excellent resistance to fatigue, it is also used in components where a longer life in service with a cycle stress environment is needed.
Due to less stress relaxation at elevated temperatures Beryllium Copper can be used in a wide range of temperatures with little loss of mechanical properties.
Beryllium Copper has excellent corrosion resistance, nearly the same as Nickel Silver.
Mill-hardened Alloy-25 "Type-B", "Type-S"
New grade "Type-B" and "Type-S" mill-hardened Alloy-25 have been developed by refinement of the manufacturing process for improved formability.
Features of Beryllium Copper
- (1) Forms, features and applications of Beryllium Copper Products
- (2) Chemical composition and Physical Properties
- (3) Relationship between Tensile Strength and Electrical Conductivity
- (4) Relationship between Tensile Strength and Bending Formability
- (5) Properties and Tolerances of High Strength Material (Alloy 25)
- (6) Properties and Tolerances of High Electrical Conductivity Material (Alloy 8 and Alloy 11)
- (7) Properties and Tolerances of Midrange Material (Alloy 7)
- (8) Forms of Beryllium Copper Products Diameter Tolerance (Strip and Plate)
- (9) Properties and Diameter Tolerance (Rod)
- (10) Properties and Diameter Tolerance (Wire)
- (11) Manufacturing Process
Performance of Beryllium Copper
- (1) Spring Properties and Downsizing
- (2) Bending Formability
- (3) Thermal Stability
- (4) Fatigue Strength
- (5) Electrical Conductivity and Tolerance to Heat Generation
- (6) Corrosion Resistance