1. Controller of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by NGK is controlled primarily by NGK Insulators, Ltd.
2. Our Data Protection Officer
We have a data protection officer. You can contact our data protection officer as follows:
3. Collection of Information
Visitor of Our Website
- When you access to our website, we will collect information through your internet access to our website, including IP address, browser type, operating system, system language used, access times and referring website address ("Technical Information"). Such Technical Information is collected in anonymised form. However, in some cases, once you provide your personal information through our website, your Technical Information will be linked to your personal information. In such case, we will inform you our collection of your IP address and treat your Technical Information as Personal Information.
Once you contact us through our website form, we will collect following personal information you provided ("Personal Information");
- your name and/or your company name,
- your address and/or your company address,
- your personal and/or business contact information (such as your email address and/or telephone numbers), and
- general information about you (such as your personal or professional interest, your experience of our services and products and your contact preferences).
- We will collect Personal Information which you provide to us offline, such as when you visit our office, attend one of our exhibitions, or contact us etc.
4. Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for following purpose ("Authorized Purpose"):
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to send you marketing communications such as newsletters, in accordance with your communication preferences.
- for our business and sales activities, client management and marketing analysis.
- to provide our products and services.
- to develop and improve our products and services.
- to procure materials for our products and services.
- for our internal record keeping.
- to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- At the time of collecting your Personal Information, if we inform specified purpose to you or you give us consent only for specified purpose, we use your Personal Information for such specified purpose.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may use your Personal Information for the purpose permitted by applicable laws.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
We shall not disclose your Personal Information without your consent. However, we may share or disclose your Personal Information in the following cases.
- within NGK group companies for the Authorized Purpose.
- to our outsourcing companies or agencies with whom we have confidentiality agreements in order to fulfill the Authorized Purpose.
- to third party (a) in accordance with applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to protect our operations; and (d) to protect our rights and the rights of you and others.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6. International Transfer
- As our business processes such as management structures and manufacturing processes, cross borders, we need to share information about you within NGK group companies. So we may transfer your Personal Information to countries in the world where NGK group companies are located in compliance with applicable laws.
- In some cases, we will use outsourcing companies located in various countries to collect, use, store, analyze, and otherwise process your Personal Information on behalf of us for the Authorized Purpose.
7. Retention Period
8. Your Rights
- You have right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information if such processing is based on your consent. However, such withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You have the following rights:
- to request to access your Personal Information.
- to receive your Personal Information provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- to request that we correct any errors, outdated your Personal Information, or omissions in Personal Information that you have supplied to us.
- to request that your Personal Information not be used to contact you.
- to request that your Personal Information be deleted from our records.
- to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through Contact Us Form or at the contact address below.
- You have the right to complain to supervisory authority in accordance with applicable laws.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received or through Contact Us Form.
We strive to establish company regulations and a management system so as to prevent theft, leakage, or loss of your Personal Information, and also provide education and training to make sure that our employees handle such information with considerable and proper care.
- If any change may materially and negatively affect the privacy of your Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes.
- We generally will not make any decision based solely on automated decision-making within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. However, in some cases, we may profile your interests in our products and services with monitoring your Technical Information in order to tailor our communications with you. In such case, we will inform our collection of your IP address.
- If we need to collect your Personal Information for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, we will inform you such legitimate interests at the time of collection.
- If provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into contract, we will inform you at the time of collection.
12. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you can contact;
- through Contact Us Form
- our Corporate Communications Department.
NGK Insulators, Ltd.
Corporate Communications Department
Address: 2-56 Suda-cho, Mizuho, Nagoya 467-8530, Japan