NOx Sensors for Engine Exhaust Gas
NGK has developed NOx sensors capable of measuring NOx concentration in motor vehicle exhaust gas.
- As zirconia sensors, the products can be inserted directly into high-temperature exhaust gas.
- Direct insertion results in high response and steady output for extended periods.
- Integrated digital circuit allows direct connection to ECUs.
- Digital communication feature is ideal for use with on-board exhaust gas diagnostic (OBD) systems.
Potential applications of NOx sensors as an NOx emissions reduction technology
for meeting increasingly strict exhaust gas regulations:
- Monitoring NOx concentration downstream of NOx adsorber catalysts to control NOx adsorber catalyst regeneration
- Monitoring NOx concentration before and after selective catalytic reduction (SCR) to control and optimize urea injection
- NOx-OBD: Self-diagnostics by sensor and unit to identify catalyst degradation
In measurements of diesel engine exhaust gas, these sensors exhibit linear properties closely matching those of Fourier-transform infrared spectrometer (FTIR) NOx analyzers.
Inquiry about Automotive Ceramics Business
Please apply with the contact form and give us your comments or questions.