Laws and regulations governing the environment (Japan)
Air Pollution Control Act: Priority hazardous air pollutants
- Beryllium and beryllium compounds are listed as priority hazardous air pollutants. However, no standards or guidelines address their release into the atmosphere.
- Some municipalities have emission standards.
Water Pollution Control Law: not regulated
Soil Contamination Countermeasures Act: not regulated
Waste Management and Public Cleansing Law: not regulated
- Standards apply to the elution of beryllium dumped into the sea.
- NGK Insulators is promoting the recycling of beryllium copper alloy scrap as part of efforts to make the most of beryllium resources.
- Beryllium copper alloy scrap (scrap copper) is recycled via copper refining.