Beryllium Copper Strip
Beryllium Copper Wire
- Special Metals
- Trucks and buses
- EV and FCV
- Electrical components
- Personal computers
- Data center
- Mobile devices
- Electric power
- Renewable energy
- Energy saving
- Construction machinery
- Semiconductor and electronic component manufacturing
- Medical equipment
- Antimicrobe and sterilization
1) High Strength
Beryllium Copper attains a high tensile strength to a maximum of 1500N/mm2 so is not likely to bend even under pressure.
2) High Electrical Conductivity
The electrical conductivity of Beryllium Copper is 20 to 60% IACS so can be used as a high current density material.
3) High Fatigue Strength
Beryllium Copper is known to have high fatigue strength against repeated motion, is reliable, and has extremely long-life.
4) Elevated Temperature Properties
Beryllium Copper performs excellently at elevated temperatures so can be used in a wide range of temperatures.
5) Good Formability
Using a solution heat treatment, Beryllium Copper is softened to facilitate complex shaping. After shaping, it can achieve the highest strength with an age-hardening process.
6) Corrosion Resistance
Beryllium Copper is highly resistant to corrosion, so shows less corrosion under a variety of environmental conditions.
Age hardenable material can be formed into complicated shapes and precipitation hardened afterwards. Among Mill-hardened material, which dose not require heat-treatment after stamping or forming, "Type-B" and "Type-S" have especially well-balanced performance in strength and formability.
|Alloy (NGK)||Alloy 25||Alloy 11|
|Chemical Composition||Be||1.80 - 2.00||0.2 - 0.6%|
|Ni+Co||0.20%min.||1.4 - 2.2%|
|Tensile Strength N/mm3||Age Hardenable|
|O||390 - 540||295 - 450|
|1/4H||620 - 805||-|
|3/4H||835 - 1070||490 - 635|
|After Age Hardening|
|OT||1100 - 1380||690 - 895|
|1/4HT||1210 - 1450||-|
|3/4HT||1300 - 1590||790 - 965|
|Electrical Conductivity after Age Hardening (%IACS)||22%min.||50%min.|
Tensile Strength and Electrical Conductivity
|Diameter (mm)||Tolerance (mm)|
|0.1 incl. 0.25 and under||±0.005|
|0.25 over 0.30 and under||±0.008|
|0.30 over 0.50 and under||±0.010|
|0.50 over 1.0 and under||±0.015|
|1.0 over 2.0 and under||±0.020|
|2.0 over 3.5 and under||±0.025|
- *Please contact us regarding special requirement.
- Due to a straightening process during manufacturing, Beryllium Copper fine wire requires no further straightening when used.
- Plated wire, in particular, has excellent solderability.
- As it is age-hardened during the manufacturing process, Beryllium Copper fine wire is hard enough to avoid deformation under high temperature conditions.