Long Rod Insulators
Insulators are essential to the safe and stable distribution of electricity generated at power plants. Long rod insulators support transmission lines on steel towers, isolating the lines from the tower. They play a key role in the safe supply of electricity.
Depending on the transmission voltage and usage environment, long rod insulators are typically deployed as configurations of multiple insulators.
NGK supply not only suspension (disc) insulators but also various types of long rod insulators.
- Mechanical strength up to 400kN
- Normal or alternating shed design with aero-dynamic type profile as per customer's requirements
No Deterioration in Electrical and Mechanical Performance
- Solid core porcelain -> Electrical puncture proof
- No cement growth problem -> Stable mechanical performance
Excellent anti-Contamination Performance
- Less contamination accumulation due to aero-dynamic shed profile - Excellent anti-contamination performance under desert contamination condition.
Long rod insulator string has to be equipped with arcing horns to prevent shed breakage against power arc.
Inquiry about Porcelain Insulators
Please apply with the contact form and give us your comments or questions.