NGK's Core Policy on the Environment
Given its corporate philosophy-"NGK products and technologies must create new value and contribute to the quality of life"-NGK will contribute to tackling environmental issues through its "Triple-E" business segments of ecology, electronics, and energy to create a comfortable environment for future generations.
Guidelines for Environmental Action
- Strive to develop, design, and manufacture products that contribute to the environment and products with low environmental impact.
- Work to reduce the environmental impact arising from business activities.
Conduct design reviews to scientifically study and evaluate the environmental impact of business activities.
- Promote energy conservation measures for all processes and facilities, and make efforts to control CO2 emissions.
- Promote resource saving and recycling, and make efforts to control the generation of by-products.
- Through the appropriate use and control of chemical agents, work to reduce the risks inherent in toxic substances.
- Give precedence to environmentally friendly materials, parts, products, and facilities in procurement and purchasing, strengthening cooperative alliances with our business partners.
- Enhance environmental management systems from a global perspective while continuously reducing our environmental impact.
- Not only abide by environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements, but also institute voluntary standards and work to improve our own environmental conservation.
- Provide environmental information to the public at the appropriate time and pursue dialogue with all stakeholders.
Proactively develop social action programs. Also, engage in education and publicity in order to improve employees' environmental consciousness.
For more details,
please refer to