- NGK's Core Policy on the Environment
- Environmental Management
- Five-Year Environmental Action Plan
- Creating Products That Contribute to the Environment
- Environmental impact reduction
- Energy-Saving Activities
- Reduction of CO2 from Logistics
- Protecting Biodiversity
- Risk Management of Water Resources and Response
Creating Products That Contribute to the Environment
The NGK Group considers contributing to society through business activities to be one of its most important missions. For nearly a century since its founding, NGK has made use of accumulated technologies to develop and provide products and technologies that reduce burdens on the global environment.
Under our fourth Five-Year Environmental Action Plan initiated in fiscal 2016, NGK has set a goal of increasing sales of products that contribute to environmental protection by 60% compared with fiscal 2013 (and maintaining the sales percentage for products contributing to environmental protection at over 50% of all products).
In fiscal 2018, sales of products that contribute to environmental protection increased by 44% over fiscal 2013, exceeding the fiscal year goal of 43%.
- Definition of NGK products that contribute to environmental protection:
- 1) Certified or awarded by third-party institutions
- 2) Control or reduce impact on the Earth's environment
- 3) Reduce impact on the local environment
Sales growth for products contributing to environmental protection (NGK Group)
* Figures are indexed with fiscal 2013 set at 100.
Products Contributing to Environmental Protection
It is currently manufactured in eight countries around the world, with total shipments of around 1.5 billion units. Learn more
Particulate matter (PM) is reliably captured by the filter's micropores, purifying the exhaust emitted from diesel vehicles.