In the NGK Group Code of Conduct revised in January 2019, our relationship with employees is based on the idea of “Respect for Human Rights” and “Provide a Safe and Enjoyable Work Environment” and defined as follows.
We will Strictly Comply with International Standards of Human Rights and Respect the Diversity of All People.
- We will respect human rights and undertake business activities without the use of forced labor or child labor.
- We will respect the individuality and independence of each employee and not engage in discrimination on the
basis of race, citizenship, gender, age, religion, belief, existence of handicaps, sexual diversity or any other aspect.
- We will prevent the occurrence of harassment in the workplace and take prompt and appropriate action in the
case where it occurs.
We will Provide a Safe and Enjoyable Work Environment that is Comfortable for Everyone to Work in for All.
- We will strictly comply with laws and regulations of each country and region relating to labor, safety and sanitation.
- We will aim to harmonize work and life, and support a variety of working styles.
- We will build up a relationship of trust through sincere debate and discussion with employees.
- We will give educational opportunities to employees and provide opportunities to stretch their motivation and
NGK's employee-focused initiatives
Protecting Human Rights and Establishing an HR Committee
The NGK Group complies with international human rights standards and respects all aspects of employee diversity, including racial, nationality, and gender diversity. Our basic hiring policy is to recruit diverse personnel and to provide them with stable employment and equal opportunities. In April 2020, we established the HR Committee as a cross-sectoral, deliberative body tasked with ensuring that corporate activities have a stronger focus on human rights and that important personnel issues are addressed by the NGK Group as a whole.
In fiscal 2020, we will focus on the following human rights initiatives.
- Development and announcement of human rights policy
- Expansion of human rights due diligence across the entire NGK Group